Three months after the creation of FinalAnalytics a beta version of the HttpLogBrowser the first program of the company is available! This is a free tool that will help you analyzing http logs of your web sites hosted in IIS or in Azure. You can find below the main features.
HttpLogBrowser main features:
- Browse and analyze IIS http logs including http logs from Azure web applications.
- Statistics are automatically calculated for every field and a chart can be displayed (pie chart or histogram if the field is numeric)
- Ability to easily filter on a field value just with a click on it. It is also possible to exclude a field value from the filter.
- Fields with always the same value are removed from the log view and the statistics and are displayed in a specific panel to lighten the logs and focus on what is changing.
- Up to 2 million log rows can be loaded in memory for analysis
- Ability to define profiles for log files you regularly analyze.
- Extract fields from the user agent string (e.g. browser, OS, device).
- Request to some kind of files can be excluded from the analysis (e.g. css, png, json) to keep only queries to pages.
- Request to some URL on the web site can be ignored
- Ability to extract the ASP.NET session ID and the PHP session ID from the cookie field.
- Ability to extract keywords for some search engines (Bing for now) from the referrer
- Ability to extract the gclid for Google ads landing
- For Azure web application ability to ignore Always On requests and the X-ARR-LOG-ID variable
- For Microsoft Exchange web applications, ability to extract the Active sync command and device (Mails accessed through a phone).
For more information on the HttpLogBrowser you can take a look at the product page.